Lloyd H. Kloppe, DVM, DACT
Dr. Kloppe is a highly respected equine reproduction specialist. He is the only veterinarian in Maricopa County, Arizona who is Board-Certified in Veterinary Reproduction. He has spoken regionally and nationally on equine reproduction. He is the owner of Durango Equine Veterinary Clinic which has been in operation since 1988. Dr. Kloppe has been in private practice since 1980. He received his undergraduate degree and Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine at the University of Missouri. He then worked at a private mixed animal practice from 1980-1984. He completed his Theriogenology residency (Veterinary Reproduction) at Texas A&M University from 1984-1987. After his residency, Dr. Kloppe obtained his board certification in reproduction and is a Diplomat of the American College of Theriogenologists.
His Memberships and Achievements Include:
Diplomat of the American College of Theriogenologists
* Member of the Arizona Veterinary Medical Association (AZVMA) since 1980
* Member of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) since 1980
* Member of the American Association of Equine Practitioners Association (AAEP) since 1980
* Member of the Arizona Academy of Veterinary Practice (more than 40 hours of continuing education per year) since 1981
* Director of Central Arizona’s Veterinary Medical Association, 1992
* Arizona’s State Veterinary Medical Examining Board Member, 1995-2000
* Director, & Officer for the Society for Theriogenology Board, 1992-2000
* President of the Society for Theriogenology 1998-1999
* Society of Theriogenology Conference Chairman, 1998
* AzMVA Equine Practitioner of the Year, 1997
* AVMA Council on Veterinary Services, Equine representative, 2000-2006
Dr. Kloppe is married to Jana Kloppe . They have one son, Bryan, who plays and manages baseball teams in the US and Australia. Bryan is engaged to get married in Hawaii in the fall of 2017. In his spare time, Dr.Kloppe enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, running marathons, traveling, and baseball.