Dr. Hulse attended the University of Delaware for her undergraduate degree in Animal Science. She graduated in 1991 cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree. She received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 1995 from Purdue University. Dr. Hulse joined Durango Equine in 1995 and has been working as an exclusive equine practitioner since then. She enjoys general equine practice with an emphasis on equine dentistry. She loves the special long-term relationships she builds with both her clients and their horses.
Her memberships and achievements include:
* Member of the Arizona Veterinary Medical Association (AZVMA) since 1995
* Member of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) since 1991
* Member of the American Association of Equine Practitioners Association (AAEP) since 1991
* Member of the Arizona Academy of Veterinary Practice (more than 40 hours of continuing education per year) since 1995
* AZVMA Young Practitioner of the Year 2000
* AVMA Young Veterinarian Representative for Arizona, 2000
* AZVMA Continuing Education Board Member, 1999-2004
* AZVMA Continuing Education Chairperson, 2001-2004
* AZVMA Board of Directors, 2001-2004
* University of Delaware Presidential Citation Award 2008 for Outstanding Achievement of Graduates in last 20 years
* Newborn Foal Article published in Il Cavallo Arabo Magazine in Italia – May 2011
* Newborn Foal Article published in Kuwait’s Arabian Horse Center Newsletter in Arabic and English- May 2011.
* Featured in article about Equine Veterinarians in Phoenix Magazine in September 2011.
Dr. Hulse is married to Jack Hulse. They have 2 children, Devin born in 2004, and Kyle, born in 2007 and adopted from Vietnam in 2008. They live in the West Valley with their 3 horses and a miniature donkey, 3 dogs, and several chickens. In her free time, Dr. Hulse enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, camping, riding her horses in obstacle competitions and trail riding, spending time with friends, photography and reading.